- Check out your daily tasks:
- responsible for support and management of IT infrastructure categories: servers, data storage systems, databases, applications and services;
- Maintain, provision and monitor server infrastructure: hosted systems, virtual environment, application (and database) clusters, Manufacturing Execution System with specific applications;
- Manage server OS security/integrity; control access permissions and privileges, keep local operated systems up to date, patch management;
- Asset management, lifecycle of active storage components and computing hardware;
- Configuration of server operating systems (Linux, Windows): network settings, updates, firmware and driver maintenance, backup, integration with monitoring systems;
- Install and operate virtual environment (Hypervisor-VMware: Host install and configuration); management of specialized VM environment: VDI, connection broker and Thin Client concepts;
- Cloud computing services and application containerization (Docker); identify use-case and include services as cloud services;
- NAS/SAN storage systems data storage space provisioning, file and block level data access protocols (CIFS, NFS, FC, iSCSI);
- Perform Disk to Disk to Tape backup operations, SAN Storage Networks;
- Manufacturing Application support: server, database (Oracle, PL/SQL) and client related application support (guide business needs related to scripting and programming requests);
- Develop, manage and test database backup and recovery plans (Oracle, MS-SQL); participate in Disaster Recovery infrastructure design, implementation and scenarios;
- Monitoring and alerting – real time performance measurement, reporting of availability; end-to-end monitoring (probes, SNMP); automated incident generation;
- Involved in operations towards maintaining and developing of high-availability and high-performance Datacenter LAN (optimized for E-W traffic);
- Create and maintain work frame for office users, software developers and test engineers – web servers (IIS, Apache), database administration (MS-SQL, MySQL), software versioning, folder structures with share permission concept (CIFS, NTFS);
- Coordinates or participates in projects which involves analytical thinking, keen attention to details and accurate knowledge in designing, testing, implementation and support of complex;
- Information systems; scripting skills (Bash, PowerShell, Perl) and application development capabilities would be very useful;
- Provides IT Level2 support and on-duty service for production processes.
- Besides being awesome, you need to have:
- University degree in Computer Science or IT related;
- Minimum of two year experience in similar position;
- Experience with IT Administration/Reporting Tools (centralized management solutions for Windows/Linux OS: LANDesk / OMS, Acronis);
- Knowledge of ‘relational database management systems’ (RDBMS) and noSQL Databases;
- Ability to install and test new versions of DBMS (Oracle, MS-SQL, My-SQL);
- PowerShell, Perl, Bash;
- Familiarity with storage systems and data access protocols, database and networking concepts;
- Trainings on specific technologies is a plus (VMware, Linux, Microsoft, Oracle, AWS Fundamentals);
- Advanced English level.
- We will do our best so you can be your best!
- Pay for Performance;
- Relocation Package;
- Flexible Working Time; Mobile Work; Sabbatical Leave;
- Personalized Development & Training Programs;
- System for Rewarding Improvement Ideas;
- Kindergarten on Site for Continental Employees’ Children Only;
- Health Management Programs & Medical Room on Site;
- Health Insurance Services & Travel Insurance Policy;
- Restaurant Concept & Coffee Corner on Site;
- Other benefits to enjoy after-work and community projects.
Continental in Romania
In the time frame 1999 – 2017, Continental invested about € 1.4 billion in its Romanian operations. All the corporation’s five divisions are represented in Romania. Continental has seven production units and four research and development centers in the cities of Timisoara, Sibiu, Carei, Nadab, Brasov and Iasi. Continental cooperates in a joint venture in Slatina and has a tire distribution center in Bucharest. Continental employed 19.700 colleagues by the end of 2017, out of which over 5.700 are engineers and IT specialist working in the R&D centers. Continental will hire this year over 1,000 new employees in Romania.
Continental in Sibiu
Continental has invested more than 320 million euros in Sibiu since 2004. Here are annually produced about 33 million electronic control units. Among the products developed, tested and manufactured in Sibiu are intelligent braking systems, driver assistance systems or acceleration pedals that limit the speed in case of obstacle detection. Continental Sibiu has more than 3,800 employees, of which 1,000 are engineers in the R & D center and over 300 are engineers in the production area. Together, they combine knowledge in software and hardware development, experience in design and simulation, innovation in artificial intelligence, big data and production processes.
Your environment is important to us – so we make sure your team is beyond cool.
Based on the values that define us, here are the extras we have:
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!